Monday, July 21, 2014

Finally used the heARTSY Frames....

The preview of these frames looked so enticing.  They were a PSD file so I thought they would be infinitely flexible so I was excited to download them.  After opening up the file in PSE I found that there were only a handful of layers.  The entire line of frames and embellishments were on one layer and the shadow on another layer.  Because the embellishments and frames overlap, I didn't see any way of separating any of it.  I thought the shadowing was not very realistic either.  So I was stuck, I had to use all the frames.  I played around with the shadowing extensively and made it more pronounced, hopefully giving the frames some depth.  I used some other artsy type blenders, script and stamps to give a theme to the layout.  This turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Birds of a Feather...
Kim Broedelet | heARTSY Frames, heARTSY Papers, Moments in Time,
Fonts | Jefferson, Bitty, Italianno

No comments: