Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 2016 Monthly Challenge at The Lilypad

I spent the week-end finishing up the monthly challenges.  For a while I didn't think I would get them finished.  I'm on a streak of doing every monthly challenge since hanging out at the Lilypad forum -- 2 years worth!!

I put this challenge off til the last since it required a double spread and I don't like to make them since I print only single 12 x 12 layouts and not books.  I fiddled with the texts location until it drove me crazy.  The pages needed to look balanced individually as well as combined (harder to do than it looks).
A Sleepover, Cookies & Fun!
Etc by Danyale
Wild Bundle: Alpha, On the Inside, Wild Stuff Paint
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Wild-Inside-Bundle.html

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
Fuss Free_Cornered - template
Font | The Sophia





Next was the Journaling Challenge; put at least two lines of journaling on the photo.

I Pulled It Myself!
Pink Reptile Designs
Accident Prone
Numb3rs Alpha
Font | Shadows Into Light

The Photography Challenge required a macro shot we had taken this month.  I have taken macro shots but haven't had time to upload them from my camera and phone, so I pulled out an old one from February.  The plant still looks the same so I figured it worked.

The Struggle
Etc by Danyale | Grunge Edges 1, Stripped Paper Pieces
Sara Gleason | Viewpoint, Ash Tree, Oak Tree
Allison Pennington | Not Pictured
Font | The Dorothy

The Inspiration Challenge was to scrap something that inspires me.  I really wanted to do a Bible Art Journaling page, but quite frankly I just didn't have the creative juices in me to make it.  I used Brian and our marriage as my inspiration.  Afterall, we have been together forever and through nearly everything life can throw at you.

Us
Etc by Danyale & Pink Reptile Designs | Just My Type (a collab)
Font | The Sophia

Lastly, the Scraplift Challenge is pretty self explanatory.  Here is what I lifted:

by scrappydonna

My take on it:
Easter
ForeverJoy Designs | Bunny Trail, Wild One
Laurie Ann | Curled Picture Frames
Pink Reptile Designs | Accident Prone
Font | The Dorothy

No comments: