Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Notable Sunday with Ewan

I wanted to do a sketch type layout with a large photo.  I thought the one of Ewan would fit the bill nicely.  I tried a part picture, part sketch technique but it just didn't look good.  So then I tried some filters to make the original photo look like a sketch and it made his eyes look zombie like.  Next I adjusted the opacity and took the sketch photo and the black and white version of the photo and blended them together.  It looked pretty good.  I moved the photo half way off the layout for an interesting composition and that left a lot of white space so I needed a background paper.  I thought some light text would be nice.  When I added it to the layout, it somehow got into the blending of the photo too.  I really liked the effect.  I added that great lace sticker and some embellishments for added details.  I tried like the dickens to replace the text from the paper on his shirt with my own journaling and just could not figure how to do it, so I just added the date below the word art.  I think it has a definite art journal feel to it.

No comments: