Thursday, August 1, 2013

Night Photography

     I decided to scrap one of the MANY photos I've taken for my latest photography class.  I've dragged Brian down to the Cedar River twice for hours each time, trying to get a good night shot.  This is taken with my new 24-70mm lens.  We set up in two locations in the dark, waited, waited, and waited for buses to go over the roadway bridge.  This shot shows the light trails of a bus' lights with a little reflection in the water.  I made it an artsy layout because -- well, it was dark and creepy at times.
     Candice recommends that you always have a partner with you during night shoots for security reasons and I have to admit, she is very wise.  There were a couple of times I would have been down in the dark, alone with groups of young men passing by -- VERY glad Brian was with me.
 
 
ArtsyKardz Living Well by Anna Aspnes
Crème Caramel by Captivated Visions
Fonts: Sidewalk, Downcome, Special Elite
 
Canon 60D, 70mm, Manual mode
ss 1.6 seconds; f/2.8; ISO 200

No comments: