Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Recoloring magic

This layout started as a practice for a tutorial I watched about recoloring elements.  I had recolored a flower for a different page; I wasn't satisfied with my technique, but it was useable.  I read the P&C blog about recoloring some alpha letters and tried it.  It wasn't very successful for PSE but I also had made a technique card from a technique I came across a long time ago with an additional step that Gen's tutorial did not include.  It really made a difference.

On this layout, the large gold flower is the original element.  I recolored it as the blue and green flowers.  I used the technique to recolor the button in the middle of the paper heart.  I created the page around those three flowers and the paper heart.  It eventually turned out as you see it, but I had no idea what photo to use.  It was pretty feminine so I knew it couldn't be about Ewan.  I had made so many recently about Vivian and I thought the ampersand would be great for a couples' photo.  I liked this one of Chris and Rachel; I used RadLab on.
Gennifer Bursett | Julep, Silver, Made of Awesome
Kim Brodelet | Moments in Time, Trouble with a Capital T, He's All That
Mommyish | Kate & Co
Amber Shaw | I Am
Shannon McNab | Belle Alina
My Little Happy Box | Graffiti
Font | Wolf in the City Light

No comments: