Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Experiments With Shadows

I was watching a tutorial from Etc. by Danyale's blog about tweaking shadows using Photoshop.  I don't have the warp tool that she used, but I have been accidently skewing elements with the ctrl + transform tool.  I wondered if I could use this accident on just a shadow to give a warped appearance.

I loaded up a bunch of elements onto a document and started to play.  I did my usual procedure of putting the shadows on their own layers, recoloring them, giving them a Gaussian blur and then I started to warp it using the tranform handles and the ctrl key.  Since there are not as many handles as the warp tool in PS, I couldn't get it as refined but it worked pretty well. I used the smudge tool to fine tune it as needed.

Once the elements looked the way I wanted, I assembled a page around them.

Experiements & Learning

Etc. by Danyale
Willow
Unfortunate Events
Fonts | Emerson, Cheddar Jack

No comments: