Tuesday, February 23, 2016

SOSN at The Lilypad and Art Journaling Challenge Layouts

I was able to use two of the new SOSN releases to do 2 layouts for the Art Journaling Challenge happening at The Lilypad.

Kim Jensen made some tin lids that could be used.  I used the clone tool to add depth to the sides and the brush tool to give inside shadowing to help with the look of depth.  The challenge needed to be about something I wished, dreamed or wanted in my life that had not been realized.

Unlock
I used a deep tray as my "shadow box" for this challenge. Note: I used the clone and brush tools to increase the sides of the tin lid.

Kim Jensen | Tin Liddie - SOSN at The Lilypad, ON SALE 50% off Wednesday only, 2/24
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Tin-Liddie
Also:
Kim Jensen Designs |Damaged Goods, My America Alpha, School Zone
Kim Jensen & Kate Hadfield | Audaciously Awesone
Lynne-Marie | M3 January 16
Pink Reptile Designs | Laugh Out Loud
Little Butterfly Wings | Embrace Life

Etc by Danyale provided another shadow box to the store which was perfect for the last week of the AJ challenge.  To showcase my life with bits from the other 3 weeks included.  I had to really work hard on the shadows.  I have to admit I grew kind of tired of the activity by the time I was done.  I put each shadow on it's own layer.  I skewed them with the ctrl + transform handles.  I added shadows on top of the items with the brush tool and opacity.  I think I got a pretty realistic look.

I realized today that I left out the most important part of my life and that was a cross for being a Christian.  Aargh!!

My Life
From Week 1 - little boy behind the bow
From Week 2 - Photos of my grandchildren
From Week 3 - Pad lock
Etc by Danyale | Treasures and Memories - SOSN at The Lilypad, ON SALE 50% off Wednesday only, 2/24.
http://the-lilypad.com/store/treasure-and-memories-box-set.html
Also:
Etc by Danyale |Morning Coffee, Pandemonium Alpha
Kim Jensen | School Zone
Jacque Larsen | Super Duper Two

Other new releases are by Lynn Grieveson, Amy Wolff, and a reworked kit from Gina Miller Designs.  Pink Reptile Designs released an older set of kits for the sale.
Here are those layouts:
Remember Snow
Lynn Grieveson Designs
February Chill, Not Quite White, Springboard 7 Templates
Fonts | KJB Merry, KD Life Ultra, Acknowledgement

Friends
Amy Wolff
CU Messy Edges
Masked and Messy Vol. 2
Bryant Park
Itsy Bitsy Vol 2 Alpha
Font | Bebas Neue

Alexis
Gina Miller Designs
Fresh Breeze Papers
Fresh Breeze Elements
Soccer Buddy Alpha
Zentangles 2 Template
Font | KG Piece by Piece

Cars, Cars, & More Cars
Pink Reptile Designs (and Studio Basic)
Signed Sealed & Delivered Collab
Signed Sealed & Delivered Journal Cards






No comments: