Sunday, April 10, 2016

Challenges, Challenges, Challenges at Digital Scrapbooking Studio

I didn't win any challenges last month at Digital Scrapbooking Studio, but it doesn't discourage me from trying again this month.  So far I've entered a layout in the Inspiration Challenge, Out of the Box, Challenge, Quote Challenge, Wendy P Challenge.  I've been able to use some kits I've gotten from designers there and even added a new designer, Berna's Playground to my collection.

Out of the Box Challenge:  I was just experimenting with extractions when I realized with the two samples and the original I had the requirements for this challenge which was to use three photos.  I love this kit from Wendy (though, I'm not sure it's in the DSS shop).

Extraction Action
Wendy P Designs | Memory Keeper
Jen Maddocks Designs | Memories - alpha
Font | KG Why You Gotta Be So Mean, Magnolia Sky


Inspiration Challenge:  This challenge had to do with something that makes me happy.  I bought this kit from Berna's Playground just for the challenge.  I love the whimsy of her designs and will definitely watch for sales to get more of her stuff.

Explore Fun
Berna's Playground
Bye Bye Blimp
10 Reasons Why - alpha
Font | Covered By Your Grace


Quote Challenge:  This challenge came with a nice quote kit as a freebie.  I used one as my title.  This gave me an opportunity the use Anja's kit again.

So Amazing
On A Whimsical Adventure | A Moment Captured
Flower Scraps | Quote Challenge Word Art: April 2016 freebie
Font | KG Why You Gotta Be So Mean


Wendy P Challenge:  This challenge was to make a list of 5 things.  I purchased this kit from Wendy because I love the colors and patterns, but have had much trouble with the quality of the kit.  She has had to reload both the elements and papers for me due to file errors when trying to use them in PSE.  She has been very responsive and helpful which makes me still love the kit.

Five Murder Mystery Shows
Wendy P Designs | Through the Spyglass
Font | KG Why You Gotta Be So Mean


I found another challenge to do at Digital Scrapbooking Studio, the Color Challenge with Diane.  She had a freebie mini kit with the challenge colors which wasn't my style (plus I really wanted to use my new kit by Berna Datema, Bye Bye Blimp.  I had to do some extensive color replacement to switch the element and paper to the challenge palette but I think it still looks fabulous.  Since I went to church this morning, I made it a Bible Art Journaling page.

Flying High With Jesus
Berna's Playground
Bye Bye Blimp (some recoloring to match the challenge palette)
10 Reasons Why - alpha
Fonts | Covered By Your Grace, Magnolia Sky, DJB Jenna, KG Why You Gotta Be So Mean


Scraplift Challenge:

Happy Birthday to You
Jen Maddocks Designs
Memories, Man's World, Floral Grunge, Faithbooking Joy (recolored paper)
Font | KG Why You Gotta Be So Mean, Helena 





No comments: