Friday, October 2, 2015

31 Days of Art Journaling Challenge at The Lilypad

Li Li and Dalis have started a challenge that will last 31 days.  They give a prompt each day and we do anything we want to with it.

Day 1:  Beginning of a new day.

This layout received a GSO (Gallery Stand Outs) finger-pointing which is a great kudo in digiland.

A New Beginning - Day 1 of 31 days of AJ
Amy Wolff | M3 June 15
Just Jaimee | M3 Jan 15
Font | Amelian Script

Day 2 - It doesn't matter if it's black or white.

Black or White

Black or White - Day 2 of 31 Days of AJ
Paper: Kim Jensen | AbstraTypegraPapers (recolored)
Paint: Amber LaBau | A Daring Adventure, Amy Martin | Exactly More Paint
Alphas: 
Amy Wolff | Botanical, Itsy Bitsy 5
Etc. by Danyale | Note To Self, Musings, Shabby Boho,Morning Coffee, Abundant
CD Muckosky | Little Scooter, Ink Pot, Shimmer Me Summer, Sock Hop Alphabet
Kim Jensen | Copperwood Alphabet, Scuffed Blue Alpha
Pink Reptile Designs | Mars vs Venus, If Only
Kate Hadfield | Blues N Greens
Font | Greatesque Brush Scrip

Day 3 -Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly - Frida Kahlo


When My Heart Has Wings - 31 Days of AJ
Papers:  Allison Pennington | Rainy Days & Mondays, Talk 2 Me, Springaling
Wings:  Pink Reptile Designs | True To Yourself, Sissy Sparrows | Wild Roses
Heart: Allison Pennington | Mars vs Venus
Girl: Rebecca MeMeen | Chalkboard Graffiti
Fonts | Helena, The Silver Reed
TFL

Day 4 --  Itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini

Polka Dots
Etc by Danyale |Morning Coffee
Allison Pennington | Not Pictured
Sissy Sparrows | M3 Jan 15
Font | KG Manhattan Script, Smithy XT-Regular

Day 5  --  WHAT IF?
Day 5 of the October Art Journaling challenge.  It is also my first Bible Art Journal layout about my study of Revelation this year in BSF.  The challenge prompt was "What If..."
Credits:
Photo is of a Horse Head Nebula, a dark cloud of dense gas and dust located just below the belt of Orion, taken by the Hubble Telescope | Hubblesite
Amy Wolff | Itsy Bitsy Alpha Vol 5, Marker Alpha
Allison Pennington | Seize - glory lines
Quirky Heart | M3 Sept 14 - paper
Kate Hadfield | He is Risen - felt figure
Laurie Ann HGD | Stardust - glitter
Font | Manhatten Darling, Covered By Your Grace

Day 6 -- Pictures from the past

I don't have any photos on my computer older than this photo of Ewan.  I gave it a poster effect.  I used layer masks to erase away the photo to make the bolts cover the photo.  I created the background papers word arts by blend modes and lowering opacities. 

All Eyes On You Little Man

Lynne-Marie | M3 July 15, Cool Dude
Little Butterfly Wings | M3 July 15, To Infinity and Beyond
Pink Reptile Designs | All Eyes On You, Lucky In Love
Kate Hadfield | Comic Alpha
Amy Wolff | About a Boy, The Places You'll Go
ForeverJoy Designs | Model Behavior, Wild One

Day 7 - My mind is...

My mind is...

I guess I hit a wall in scrapping tonight.  I just don\'t have anything in there for this page.

Amy Wolff | July Wolff Pack Paper
Heather Joyce | The Blanche - font

Day 8 --  One way ticket
I decided to make this an Bible art journaling page based on my study of Revelation in BSF.  I do have a one way ticket to Heaven -- Praise be to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The dark part represents my sina dn sinful state before salvation and the colorful part is salvation and Heaven which is the promise of eternity with the risen Savior.

I did a LOT of blending of papers/masks for the background.  I blended the figure of Jesus with blending modes.

My One Way Ticket To Heaven
Papers:
Kim Jensen Designs | Random Moments
Allison Pennington | Hot Mess Vol 2
Lynne-Marie | Abigail

Masks/Paint:
Just Jaimee | M3 Sept 14 Add On: Page Masks
Jen Maddocks | Soar
Karah Fredricks | Finishing Touches
Kaye Winieki | A Pretty Mess

Elements:
Amy Wolff | Fall Frolic
Allison Pennington | Not Pictured, Seize
Jaque Larsen | He Is Risen
ForeverJoy Designs | Believe
Fonts | The Silver Reed, Manhattan Darling

Day 9 -- Catchphrase --what do you say a lot or hear a lot?

I instantly thought of the phrase Brian uses a lot "By the way..."  He puts the emphasis on the word by.  

By The Way
Alphas:
Kim Jensen Designs | Sketchy Characters, My America
CD Muckosky | Splattered, Bubble Mailer Alpha
Amy Wolff | The Places You\'ll Go, Itsy Bitsy Vol 7
Etc by Danyale | Abundant
Kim Jensen Designs | Dotrageous - paper
Idees DeChris | Freebie paper
Font | My Underwood





Day 10 -- Let's cross our t's...

This challenge called for the design to mainly follow in a line across the page either vertically or horizontally with a word art placed perpendicular to the design.  I made the word art a title and used clouds as my design.

Clouds

Just Jaimee | M3 Apr 15 - paper
CD Muckosky | Peace On Earth, Rock On
Amy Wolff | Bright and Happy, Botanical Alpha
ForeverJoy Designs | Wild One
Karah Fredricks | Anywhere But Here
Kim Jensen | School Zone
Little Butterfly Wings | Bright and Happy, Stitches and Torn Paper, Weekends Are Made For Fun
Font | KDLife Ultra

Day 11 - Use a selfie in your layout.

Turn Your Face

Day 11 of 31 Days of AJ Challenge -- I needed to use a selfie in the challenge:
Credits:
Just Jaimee | Sept 14 Add-On Page Masks, M3 Jan 15, M3 Apr 15, M3 Sept 15
Little Butterfly Wings | M3 Dec 14, M3 Mar 15
Amy Wolff | M3 June 15







No comments: