Friday, October 23, 2015

The Lilypad October Challenge Layouts

I'm trying to get caught up on the October challenges since the end of the month is fast approaching.  I used some kits I hadn't used yet.

First up is the BYOC Challenge.  I actually bought some kits to use for this because I happen to really like them.  These acetate alphas by Heather Joyce are some of my favorites.  The templates are really useful, too.  I followed the template with only minor changes.

A New York State Of Mind
Heather Joyce | Acetate Alpha No 8, Stacks Of Stuff
Amy Wolff | Pretty Planks No 3, Think.Plan.Do
Gina Miller | Autumn Story
Pink Reptile Designs | Dreams

This next challenge was to lift one of your own layouts from the past.  I chose a layout that had gotten a GSO.  It is very different due to the colors and prints even though I followed it EXACTLY.  I was glad that I still had the psd file, so it was really like using a template.

Just Breathe

Etc. by Danyale | Willow

Here is the original layout I lifted:

This last layout was for the White Space Challenge.  At least 50% of the page has to be white space.  I have made a few Vivian pages, so I wanted to get one of Ewan for this.  I just bought a kit from Etc. by Danyale called Nature's Painting and I have several photos from Rachel of their hiking trips so it was a natural choice.

I love Danyale's kits so much and I'm seriously hoping she stays at The Lilypad after her guest spot is up at the end of this month.  I have bought dozens of her designs and want to be able to use them to a long while.

Beauty

Etc. by Danyale | Nature's Painting

This challenge is the Random Challenge with the theme of close-ups.  I wanted to do another Ewan page and the expression on his face in this photo has always tickled me.  He looks so uncomfortable in his costume, yet willing to wear it.

Grr

Etc by Danyale | Haunted Halls, Enchanted

This is the last challenge for the month.  It is All About You but from the point of view of a loved item.  I have so many photos of Vivian with her doll Stella I thought that would make a nice story.  I like that I could get a lot of photos into the layout.

Stella Stella
Etc. by Danyale | Live Love Etc., Shabby Fair
Heather Joyce | Acetate Alpha No 7
Amy Martin | Polly Love _ Krista (retired template)
Font | Problem Secretary Normal



No comments: