Saturday, June 29, 2013

Jessica Sprague Challenge - Day 4, 5 & 6

     While in Washington D.C., I missed the challenge on day 3 because the hotel room didn't have free Wi-Fi.  We figured out there was Wi-Fi in the lobby so I was able to do day 4.  I did day 5 Friday evening when we got back into New York City.  Today I finished day 6.

     Day 4 was an art journaling layout by Nancie Rowe Janitz.  She supplied some interesting paint drips, blotches and shapes.  We had just returned to the hotel from a day of sightseeing the monuments and the White House; it was SO HOT, we literally dripped with sweat.  The dripping paint overlays in the freebie kit reminded me of how hot we were all day.  The buildings reminded me of the beautiful buildings in D.C..  There were also lots of flowers everywhere, so I added flowers to the page.

 
Day 4 freebie kit by Nancie Rowe Janitz
Journal Your Art Out 5 by NRJ
Fonts:  KG Cold Coffee, Junebug, Lobster 1.3
 
 
     Day 5's Challenge was by LivEdesigns.  She had a kit with lots of arrows and the challenge was to use at least 10 arrows in the layout.  I decided to use one of Vivi's pictures from the hotel.  I particularly liked the hollow arrows and knew right away that I would recolor them the color of her clothes.  It's kind of simplistic in design, but I love the wistful feel of it.
 
 
7 Days in June Challenge freebie by LivEdesigns, arrows;
Sing for Spring by LivEdesigns, twill & paper
Scribbled alpha by Liv;
Paints by Julie Kneipp, Che Yang, Dawn by Design, Sue Cummings;
Font:  LoveMeForever
 
 
     Day 6 was by Nancie again.  She gave a set of overlays and masks to apply to photos for interesting treatments.  She had some examples using 4x6 photos, but I decided to stick with a 12x12
layout.  I only used the kit and one bit of word art from a different designer.  This photo was taken on Tuesday morning when Vivian was out back swimming in her little wading pool.  It is such a sweet picture of her and her mommy.  I wanted to highlight their kiss.
 
This is how I treated the photo:
 
Layer 1: nrj dreamy 9 :: normal mode, opacity 74%
Layer 2: colored photo :: opacity 51%
Layer 3: nrj watercolor mask 1:: recolored gray, linear burn mode, opacity 100%
Layer 4: b/w photo :: clipped to mask in center of layout
Layer 5: nrj dreamy boken :: multiply mode, opacity 58% clipped to b/w photo
Layer 6: word art
Layer 7: date
 
 
7 Days in June Challenge kit by Nancie Rowe Janitz
Sweet & Simple by Sue Cummings, word art
Font:  Estrangelo Edessa



No comments: