Saturday, June 22, 2013

Jessica Sprague Challenges

        There are two challenges this month at JS.com.  The first one I did was the Art Journaling challenge by Nancie Rowe Janitz.  She painted and scanned a background paper as inspiration for the challenge about COLOR.  After a bunch of attempts at blending, I decided to use it as is with an interesting quote about color.  I searched the net for quotes and just didn't find anything that fit me personally, so I went with something truer to me.  I tried to use some of NRJ's kits since it was her challenge.  This is what I came up with....

 
Journal Your Art Out 3 & 5 by Nancie Rowe Janitz, dolls & heart
Large heart freebie by NRJ
Doodly Flower alpha by Mindy Terasawa
Fonts: LL Rubber Grotesque, Café Lounge 19
 
 
 
     The second challenge was a scrapbooking challenge by Liv from LivEdesigns.  It required a template she designed which was inspired by Pinterest.  I wasn't very excited about it at first but once I started looking through my photos for things that I love, I got into it.  I decided not to feature people but things or events that pertain to me. 
     I, of course, had to tweak the template to reflect me so I added a background paper, elements and some paint splatter.  The font and journaling blocks are original to the template.
 
 
Freebie template by LivEdesigns
Soliloquy by Valerie Wibbens, elements & paper
52 Inspirations Week 23 by Sue Cummings, paint
Font: Century Gothic
 
 

No comments: