Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pixels & Company June Challenge

     It's time for another challenge from P & C.  I decided to go for the CEO level again.  My last effort garnered an invitation to be a guest creative member for the month of July.  I will need to create 4 layouts using new kits from their designers.  I have the chance to make more layouts using their kits if I want.  I believe that the kits are free if I use them during my creative team member month.  It is quite a challenge and a privilege.  Needlesstosay, I'm nervous and want to do a really good job.
     The CEO layout for June was fairly tricky.  The layout photos had to be about a celebration.  One of the photos had to be a close up and there had to be two different treatments (edit techniques) of the photos.  I don't have a lot of photo treatment ideas yet, so I opted to make one black and white.  To make the b&w photo more interesting, I made a layer mask of it and erased back the colorful candles on his birthday cake.
     The layout had to be in the upper half of the page with a visual triangle and a brush foundation.
     The title had to be an adverb that intersected with the journaling.  There also had to be 3 word strips. 
     Once I decided on Ewan's third birthday party I looked for a cheerful kit from one of the P&C designers.  This site requires that 25% of the layout must be from their shop.  I have a LOT of Mye De Leon kits since I bought a bunch of them when she was trying to raise money for her little boy's surgery.  The ki tI chose had a cute tag that I thought would make interesting frames and the design grew from there.   I thought it turned out GREAT!  I particularly like the way the string turned out.

 
You Are My Sunshine by Mye De Leon
Daydream Believer by Shannon McNab, brad
Font:  Pea Gemini Jen, Chunk Five


No comments: