Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mother's Day

     I started out making a challenge layout for Pixels and Company.  I had these two photos in mind.  When I put the one of Ewan hugging Rachel's neck in a small frame, it just didn't do it justice.  It had to be BIG.  Problem was--big wouldn't work for the challenge.  So onward to just a layout for me.  I played with some blending and opacity for the background paper and the photo.  The photo is blended at Color Burn and the paper is set at 63%.  I had to make a duplicate of the lower portion of the paper at full opacity since I liked that better.
    I added the flourish last and loved its look but noticed that the original placement made it look like it was coming out of Ewan's nose.  So I had to move everything a little bit.  I didn't want to lose the flourish so I tweaked the placement which made the journaling come in too far from the edge, so I added more journaling to the story to expand it to fill the space.  I think it has an artsy look  I posted it at Pixels & Company and Jessica Sprague.com.

 
Let It Be Me by Mye De Leon, elements & paper
La Boheme by Mye De Leon, frame
Font:  KG Eyes Wide Open

No comments: