Monday, June 24, 2013

Vivian's Ballet Recital

     I wanted to scrap Vivi's recital as quickly as I could since it was SO precious.  I had taken over 125 photos of the event but there were not that many good ones as the event was fairly dark and I only have a 50 mm lens. 
     I decided to scrap as many photos as I could and I figured a filmstrip type frame would be the best bet.  I found an interesting one that was stacked.  It took me HOURS to get this layout finalized.  I wanted to use yellow in the flowers to match the recital flowers.  The dark pink paper was interfering with the title and journaling so I opted to add the gray polka dots ( I LOVE POLKA DOTS). 
     The journaling took a long time, too.  I reworked it at least 5 times in order to tell the story of all the cute and humorous details.

 
Photocuts v1 by Carina Gardner, filmstrip
Transformation & Coming Home by Dawn by Design, paper & flower
September Blooms & Cocoa Love by Che Yang, butterfly & flower
Doodly Flower by Mindy Terasawa, flower
Bliss by Creashens, flower
One Moment by Rosey Posey Studio, flower
Miracle Boy by Scrapyrus, string
I Am Who I Am by Allison Pennington, flower
Fonts: JB Cursive-V3, Legion Slab

No comments: