Sunday, October 9, 2016

Saturday Scraplift at Designer Digitals

The layout chosen for the lift used a template which is really nice.  I plan to buy it when it goes on sale again.  Until then I had to come up with my own solution for the rays.  I used an oversize exclamation shape from PSE and duplicated it a bunch of times.  I clipped a small polka dot paper to them, but stretched the paper quite a bit to get large dots.  I dropped the opacity and used a blending mode on the burst.  I duplicated it and applied a different blending mode to increase the rays.  I stuck some stitching lines between the rays for interest.  I loved the wooden letter and made them a bit of the star.  I think it looks pretty good.  I love the blue and brown together and they go great with Buddy's coloring.

Here is the original layout to lift and the template.



Here is my take on the challenge.

Love This Dog
Katie Pertiet
Artsy Bookshelf Layers No 1
Bradded Frames
Corby
Curated Studio Mix No 14
South Beach Solids
Walden
Meadowbrook Studios | Belina Solids
Fonts | KG Shake It Off Chunky, The Silver Reed

No comments: