Friday, April 10, 2015

Journaling Cards Are Not Just For Journaling

Dunia's new kit is all journaling cards.  I liked the colors and the patterns in the cards, but I'm not a pocket scrapper.  I thought it would be a great challenge to use them in a clustery layout.

I enlarged one card to make the background paper.  I had to clone out a heart and some words, double it and merge the two to make the woodgrain paper.  I isolated the heart on one card to make an element.  I had to go into a different kit to get flowers and button though.

I loved the color combination and thought it cried for a black and white photo.  I love the crop on this photo of Vivi.  I used 7 stylets for achieve the photo treatment.

Vivian

I enlarged and cropped different journaling cards to make all the papers and some of the elements from Dunia's kit.

Dunia Designs | Documenting Everyday: You, You Are My Sunshine (flowers, buttons, string from an older kit from my stash)
Two Tiny Turtles | Quirky Love - template
LJS Designs | Tiny Dancer - button, ribbon, leaves
Font | Bebas Neue
RadLab | Oh, Snap, Clarify, Divine Light, Lights On x2, Super Fun Happy, B.A.M.F. BW



No comments: