Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Lilypad Speed Scrap

I did my first speed scrap.  It included a CHAT which I got to 50 minutes late.  I only had an hour to complete the page and I did it in 50 minutes.  I went with the minimalist style but got rather artsy with the photo treatment.  In RadLab I used Super Fun Happy (11%), Troy (48%), Rusty Cage (89%).  I had to recolor the background paper from bright yellow to orange.

Here are the instructions I followed:

1) Select on picture for your page and crop it into a rectangle. place it in the middle of your page (horizontally) and towards the top (vertically) Try to leave some space on the right side of the picture for layering later on.

2) Select a neutral background and layer it over a patterned or brightly colored background.

3) Using patterned/colored papers, create 4 paper rectangles underneath the picture. You may repeat papers if you want.

4) Add some elements to your page: a) add some sort of border - stitching, paint, paper, etc.; b) add some element(s) layered over the bottom left of the rectangle paper pieces; c) add an element(s) layered over the right side of the picture.

5) Add a title that layers over the right of the picture (near/layered with the elements)

6) Add a little journaling to the page (as much or little as you want) - you can use word art or journal cards if you like  Place the journaling wherever you want.

Here's the layout:

Take Flight - Speed Scrap
Amber LaBau | Metamorphosis
Just Jaimee | Year In Review - stitiching
Heather Joyce | The Blanche
*Some items have been recolored

No comments: