Monday, June 22, 2015

Mission Impossible 2

Li Li at TLP is hosting a fun challenge.  She did it last year, too.  The first challenge was to design a magazine cover that told about ourselves.  I lifted a Jay Leno cover from Time.
Diane The Future of Digi Art
Round 1 Mission Impossible
Most of my layout is a photo and fonts.  I did use a couple items from Sissy Sparrows:
If Not Today - wordart
Mustard Stains - USP code
Fonts | Ariel, Iskoola Pota

For the second challenge, the "agent" were divided into two teams.  I made it onto Team A.  My team was to come up with a name and a color palette.  We were to design a layout with cut-out paper pieces which also included a family portrait.

Rosa (gybogi) suggested a color palette right off and a name.  The rest of the team agreed pretty quickly with a few additions to the color palette.  Someone suggested we have a team Siggy.  A first one was designed by redplaid3.  She invited others to expand or improve on it.  I lifted her siggy and came up with one the team liked after a LOT of dsicussion and suggestions.

Mission Impossible Siggy - Team A
Gina Miller | Dapper Dan - glasses
Jacque Larsen | Digi-Tapes 9 - globe
Studio 68 | It's a Date (collab with Pink Reptile Designs) - tape
Allison Pennington | Family Matters, Bright - staples
Font | The Rose, Top Secret


After I made the Siggys for everyone, I went to work on my layout.  I got the title first, as I was falling asleep the night before:  My heart lives in 3 houses.

I sketched out the houses on paper, made some rectangular masks for the shapes.  Once I found the papers that fit the color palette, I went to work filling the masks.  I used the pencil tool to draw outlines and shapes (which I turned into masks).  After the houses were finished, I grabbed elements from M3 kits and alphas for the embellishments and title.

The last thing I did was extract each family from photos and added them to the layout.  It took me hours and hours but I LOVE how it turned out.

My Heart Lives In 3 Houses - MI Round 2 - Team A

CD Muckosky | Markerific, Bubble Mailer Alpha - alphas
Amy Wolff | Bryant Park, Chelsea Market, Bright and Happy, All Time Low - papers
Amy Martin | Exactly More - paint
Pink Reptile Designs | SayWha? - paint, True to Yourself - paper
Kaye Winiecki | A Pretty Mess - paint
ForeverJoy Designs | Gather - heart
Quirky Heart | M3 Oct 14 - elements, Home Sweet Home Add-On - elements
Allison Pennington | Rainy Days & Mondays, Flock Together, In Summery, Autumnal - papers
Gina Miller | Garden Seeds - paper
Just Jaimee | Siblings - paper
Anita Designs | Kate & Co - paper

No comments: