Sunday, July 14, 2013

#8 for P&C CT Month

     I bought this kit today and the font.  I made the mistake of uploading the font into an ACDSee folder and now I can't get it off, even though I moved it to a different folder and there nothing there anymore.  Sometimes ACDSee bugs me.
     I had trouble getting this layout going.  The black and white paper is pretty strong and I knew the colors would pop on it.  I wanted to use lots of the black and white designs, but it was just too busy and I lost the drama of the colors, so I scrapped (old meaning) the first layout and tried again for a simpler version.  It's pretty simplistic, but at this point I just want to get the layouts done as I've downloaded a whole lot of additional stuff.  I added the pink colored chevrons with the paint bucket tool; I really like the attention it brings to the photo.
     I found a layout by Katherine Hansen that I ABSOLUTELY love and I got some of the kits she used to reproduce (scraplift) it for myself.  So I'll have to use that kit in a different way first for the CT requirement.  Here's the new layout:

 
Juicy kit & Whimsey font by Audacious Design

No comments: