Thursday, July 18, 2013

Art Journal Challenge for July at Jessica Sprague.com

     The AJ challenge this month at JS.com is to use circles.  I noticed that most of my layouts so far have had hearts in them, so this would be a good change.  I came across a new layout by Lynne Marie and saw the circles and immediately knew I could use it for this layout.  The weirdness of the layout also was attractive to me.
     Brian and I were out in the dark trying to do light painting for my Night Photography class at JS.com and I thought about the darkness of this kit, it made a good fit.  I wanted to use my eyes in some way, but I wear glasses and I didn't want my glasses to be in the layout.  So I played around with the selection tool and extracted one eye.  I didn't have a firm idea of where to place the eyes.... then I stuck them on the flowers -- weird! or maybe gross? -- definitely weird.  I came up with the title after that.  It goes with the eyeball flowers and the night photography all mushed together.... guess that's what art journaling is all about.

 
Land of Odds by Lynne Marie
Tea Stains by Wild Blueberry Ink
Fonts: Graphers Blog; Dancing Script; Diesel; Bitty by Audacious Design
 

No comments: