Friday, July 26, 2013

Improved layout....

     For a long time I have felt like my July P&C Challenge layout was lacking something.  I literally followed the layout directives, but I didn't add anything more to the layout which gave it a minimal feeling down the middle strip.  I found another layout in the Challenge gallery that reminded me a lot of my own layout, but it had additional items which gave it a clustered feel. 
     I scraplifted some of the ideas from that layout to add more detail to my own.  I also changed the center stripe's dimensions which helped tremendously.  I like it much better.  See what you think....
 
First layout:
 
 
Dawn by Design: Simply Put template 4; Skyline, Sun and Fun
Karen Funk: Daydream
Karla Dudley: Nillie; Life 365
Robyn Meierotto: Frill
Shannon McNab: Make a Date
Creashens: Hello
Fonts: Appleberry, KG Cold Coffee, Impact, Parisienne, Bebas, JuneBug, Lobster1.3, Cafe Rojo, Pharmacy, MTF Big Ideas

Revamped layout:
 
 
 
Additional supplies:
Bluebird on My Shoulder by Chelle's Creations
Cornered 01 by Creashens
County Fair and Chaising Rainbows by Dani Mogstad
Falling in Love by Bella Gypsy
Summer Flair by Mommyish
Room Collection by Crystal Wilkerson 
 
     Seeing the two side by side just now, I realize that the two layouts are pretty good in their own right.  The second one is just busier looking.  I guess it comes down to a matter of taste.  Right now in the galleries, the busier design is more favored, but I actually like the focus on the photos of the first design -- oh, well....




No comments: