Sunday, July 14, 2013

#9

     As soon as I saw the preview for Mye's kit, Spread Your Wings, this layout came into my head.  I had just taken a photo of a butterfly at Ewan's birthday party and I knew it would be a natural.  The hexagons were scraplifted from Katherine Hansen's layout (which was totally different from mine) but I didn't use a template like she did.  In fact, I ventured into a tool I have not previously used to draw my hexagons-- seemed to work.  I have a LOT of various shadows on the butterflies to give them depth.  I used an inner drop shadow to give the hexagons a cut out look.  It's not as realistic in PSE as in full PS, but it turned out fairly well.

 
This layout was inspired by Mye's preview for Spread Your Wings.
Spread Your Wings & Easy Livin by Mye De Leon (Pixels & Co.)
Menagerie by Celeste Knight (P&C)
Skinny Stitches by Shannon McNab (P&C)
Bitty font by Audacious Design (P&C)

No comments: