Thursday, January 1, 2015

MOC 2015 at TLP

January marks a new set of challenges at The Lilypad, Month of Challenges.  There will be 31 daily challenges.  If I do all 31 by the deadline I will receive a $20 gift certificate.  Also there are 12 guest CT spots for one month available and 1 permanent CT spot that will be selected on quality of layouts, gallery and forum participation.  I would LOVE that permanent CT spot, but there are a LOT of VERY talented scrappers that have been there much longer than myself.  \\

No matter what, I'm going to participate and have fun and try to stretch myself as a scrapper.  Here is the first offering.  I snapped this photo while shopping and was blown away by the color.  It looks more like a fall photo than a Christmas photo.



Here is the layout I made using the photo.  The layout challenge was to follow a very specific recipe.  I used a filmstrip frame to hold the photo and no one else had done that so I was unique in that way.
Recipe:  One  solid background paper, Frame centered on layout, button/brad to anchor the frame, strip of patterned paper under the photo/frame on right side of page, paint/watermark under the strip of patterned paper, an element over the frame/photo on left side, piece of word art near the element, a cluster of elements on the right side of frame (a ribbon, leaves and at least one flower), vellum somewhere on layout, date somewhere.

Today - MOC 2015

MOC Day 1 - Blind Scrap Challenge

Little Butterfly Wings | Free As A Bird 
Sabrina's Creations | iArt (vellum)
Font | Insert Fun


No comments: